Ironworkers 580 - AJEF Recruitment
Recruitment takes place every three (3) years. The next recruitment class will be accepted in 2021.
1. Must be 18 years of age by December 31, 2021.
2. You must be capable of performing all required functions of the trade. In order to do so, physical
strength and agility are very important.
3. Mechanical, mathematics and space visualization ability are also important.
4. Drug free ironworker.
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS: Information submitted to get an application.
Note: All applicants must apply in person
1. 18 years of age by December 31, 2021.
2. Must present a copy of High School Diploma or GED.
3. (2) Full-face 2x2 photos passport size.
4. Proof of residency in NY,NJ, CT, & PA,such as rent receipts, utility bills, bank statements (Picture ID must match address on bills). NO P.O.Boxes accepted.
5. Proof of citizenship or permanent authorization to work in the United States.
6. Birth certificate or passport, and driver's license.
7. Application Fee: $25.00 money order or certified bank check made out to the Local 580 Educational Fund. NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED
8. Submitting all of the above information, you will be given a test date which is a 3 part written battery test, consisting of mathematics, mechanical comprehension and space relations.
9. If you pass the 3 battery test, you will be placed in a pool of applicants, in which they will randomly
select from the qualified pool.
10. If selected for the program, you will be required to take and pass a medical examination, including
drug testing and a test to determine that you have no fear of heights.
CLICK HERE FOR STUDY MATERIAL